Welcome to the first Term 2 Weekly Update
This is a longer one compared to my update at the end of the first half term so please do take a moment to read this week’s key messages:
Firstly, it has been great to welcome pupils back this week. If you haven’t seen it, please do take a moment to read my formal T2 welcome letter on our website. https://allsaints.dorset.sch.uk/download/welcome-letter-term-2-2021-22/?wpdmdl=8265&refresh=61854036649d01636122678
It contained a number of key items:
– Details of the Platinum Jubilee bank holiday – this will be on 31 January 2022
– Covid 19 Update and Contingency Measures in place across the South West
– Parent / Carer Questionnaire link
– Year 10 & Year 9 Parent Consultation Evening links
– Year 11 Mock Exam heads up – please also see the links on our website and social media feed for details of the weekly revision timetable
Secondly, other key operational updates this week include:
– Information about e-scooters. These are not allowed at the moment
– Lots of letters about visits – please do check the Social Media feed for details of where the last few places are
– Year 11 Information – due to the Covid situation we have had to delay the date at which Weymouth College can visit but we do also have a Stone Masonry apprenticeship offer in place; also, please encourage attendance at Friday Five Stars and the wider Revision Programme
– The following trips letters went out this week: Y9 Imperial War Museum: Holocaust Exhibition RE Trip; Y7-10 Ski Trip 2023
– There are the following spaces on our Theatre Trip menu: Cluedo (Y9-10) – 9 Spaces; Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night (Y7-11) – 3 Spaces; Everybody’s Talking about Jamie (Y9-11) – 3 Spaces
– There are T2 two discos planned – Y7&8 – we are awaiting on public health news and updates
– Please encourage pupils to attend Breakfast Club which opens at 8 and is FREE for FSM pupils
Looking ahead, we also have the following:
– 2023 Ski Trip – letter on the website and social media. Please sign up early!
– Christmas Activities – please encourage pupils to enter our Christmas Card competition! We are hopeful of having a range of Christmas activities this year, but again, will need to monitor the coronavirus situation to make sure they can proceed
Next week, I will also write formally about uniform and attendance. In the meantime, I would be grateful for parents ensuring pupils have blazers on at all times when inside (removing them for football at break is perfectly reasonable). However, with the winter coming on and the need to look smart, we do want them to be worn at all times in corridors and classrooms. Please also remember that nose piercings are not allowed and although we do permit clear retainers for the healing period once the piercing is mature, these are not to be used
Finally, in Collective Worship this week, pupils have been exploring the theme of Leadership and considering the decisions before World Leaders at COP 26. Please do keep them in your thoughts and prayers at this time. Pupils have also considered their own leadership and advocacy work and I am very grateful for the efforts of Flora Wilson for her efforts in organising the Fun Run for Cancer Research – a great example of charitable advocacy work.
With all of that in mind, I shall wish you a pleasant weekend and hope you spend some quality time with your family and friends.